Home » Blog » Warren Buffett Investment

How to Find the Next Warren Buffett Investment

Why some companies are Warren Buffett Stocks. Patterns and key insights into Warren Buffett’s investment success.

Warren Buffett US Air Investment (NYSE: LCC). Buffett regretted this US Air investment later; it was one of his few forays into the airline industry. In 1989, Buffett purchased $358 million of US Air preferred with 9.25% dividend, mandatory redemption in 10 years, and right to convert into common at $60 a share. Structuring as […]

{ 0 comments }

Warren Buffett Gillette Investment. Why Warren Buffett invested in Gillette (NYSE: G). Described as one of ‘The Inevitables’, this was one of Warren Buffett’s favorite investments. The Gillette Company merged into Proctor & Gamble in 2005, but until then traded as an independent listed company on the New York Stock Exchange. The Gillette Company was […]

{ 0 comments }

Warren Buffett Borsheim’s Investment. Why Warren Buffett bought Borsheim’s, a reputable jeweler based in Omaha. This again showed the large variety of businesses Warren Buffett is interested in. Borsheim’s has now become one of the must-go destinations for visitors to Omaha, especially during the annual Berkshire Weekend in May. Buffett bought an 80% interest in […]

{ 0 comments }

Warren Buffett Investment in Fechheimer – why Warren Buffett invested in Fechheimer, a seemingly ‘boring’ company that makes uniforms. Fechheimer specializes in making uniforms for the police, fire, postal service, train and EMS departments. Brands it is known by include Flying Cross and Fechheimer. Buffett acquired 84% of Fechheimer for $55 million in 1986. The […]

{ 0 comments }

Why Warren Buffett invested in Scott Fetzer. The Warren Buffett Investment in Scott Fetzer is one that Buffett highlighted in his letters to shareholders – it was another quick deal for Warren Buffett, who liked the high return on invested capital Scott Fetzer earned. Buffett acquired Scott Fetzer for $320 million in 1985. Scott Fetzer […]

{ 0 comments }

Why Warren Buffett invested in Nebraska Furniture Mart (NFM). The Warren Buffett Nebraska Furniture Mart investment was made over a handshake. Buffett acquired an 80% stake in Nebraska Furniture Mart for $55 million in 1983; the remaining 20% belonged to members of the Blumkin family, who were also responsible for managing the company even after […]

{ 0 comments }

Why Warren Buffett invested in GEO. The Warren Buffett GEICO investment was a home-run for Buffett. Here’s why and how. Buffett made purchases of GEICO in 1976, 1979 and 1980 at an average price of $6.67 per share; he owned 33.3% of GEICO by 1980, and eventually, the entire company by 1986. (As a point […]

{ 0 comments }

Why Warren Buffett invested in Illinois National Bank. The Warren Buffett Illinois National Bank investment was one of Buffett’s first investments in financial services firms. Buffett acquired 97.7% of the stock of the Illinois National Bank in 1969. The bank was founded by Eugene Abegg without outside capital, from humble roots of $250,000 of net […]

{ 0 comments }

The Warren Buffett Washington Post (NYSE: WPO) investment was a well-placed bet on a business with a wide moat and a strong competitive advantage. Buffett purchased 1.7 million shares of Washington Post at approximately $6 a share in 1973 – this $10.6 million investment made Berkshire Hathaway the second largest shareholder in the Post, second […]

{ 0 comments }

The Warren Buffett See’s Candies investment is one of Buffett’s favorite investments and one that he often talks about in his shareholder meetings. Buffett acquired See’s Candies in 1972. He paid $25 million for See’s on sales of $30 million and pre-tax earnings of less than $5 million. See’s Candies is an example of a […]

{ 0 comments }